ECD Bride Josie
Where did you and your husband meet?
1. My husband, Dakota Jacobs, and I met on a LDS dating app called Mutual. The funny thing about this is that my husband HATES that this is how we met. He always tells me that he thinks it is so cliche and that everything else about us dating was perfect but that. It makes me laugh every time we joke about it.
How did he propose?
2. Well here's a little background information. So our first date was on St. Patrick's Day on 25th St. in Ogden, UT. The night Dakota proposed was a sunday night and he asked me if I'd want to go for a drive. Obviously I'd be in sweats, me just thinking this was a casual night, he came to pick me up dressed nicely and I thought nothing of it. I then made the joke to him saying, "Hopefully it's okay that I'm wearing sweats, ha." He took me for a walk down 25th St. and had a whole thing staged with a photographer friend waiting to capture the moment. He had a other friend waiting in a restaurant on that same street with a sign that he made saying, "Josie will you marry me?" The whole thing was perfect and I loved all of the thought he put into it making it special to us.
Describe your wedding in 4 words:
3. Memorable, Perfect, Loving, Supportive
What did you splurge on?
4. We splurged on the wedding dress, photographer, and his suit.
What did you save on?
5. We saved on decor for the reception by making the center pieces, other decor, and by having family help with lighting and setting up for the reception.
What was your favorite part of the day?
6. My favorite part of our wedding day was just how loved I felt, how many people supported us and that I was now married to my best friend.
Any advise for future brides?
7. My advice to any future bride is to just go with the flow of everything and don't stress. Also to live in the moment of everything, it goes by too fast!
-Photographer: Kierstin Jones Photography
-Florals: Traci Koplin (bouquets real and fake) and Shelia Baird (boutonnieres and corsages)
-Cake Designer: Jessica Stringham
-Venue: The Union Station, Located on 25th St. Downtown Ogden, UT
-Lunch In: Canterbury Place